Direct descendant of the prized Curtis Wright Clipper, designed by Airstream founder Wally Byam, and known by enthusiasts as the “alien-eyed” trailer. This 1951 22-ft Silver Streak Clipper has been fully renovated, modernized and optimized for both glamping and boondocking. She boasts luxury appliances, a 400 amp-hr lithium battery, 300w of solar capacity, generous holding tanks, and cozy features such as a propane fireplace and firepit. She has all the capacities and amenities of a modern airstream, the vintage aesthetic of a ’50’s aircraft-style trailer, and none of the depreciation.
This trailer has been professionally painted silver in a two-part automotive enamel (color + clear coat) to give her that vintage look without the maintenance headaches of a polished trailer. Her renovation took over two years and she has been road-tested and honed. She is comparatively light and compact and can be towed by a mid-size truck or SUV. Sleeps 4 in multiple configurations with a wet bath and galley.
You can find a full description at our website, including comprehensive specifications and schematics, specifics on all appliances and amenities, up-close photos of appliances and special details, and photos of the renovation process. We are a tiny “mom-and-pop” outfit with a special enthusiasm for 50’s pipe frame trailers. Please send us your questions.
● All new 5000-lb dexter torsion axle/rebuilt chassis
● All new systems– EVERYTHING: electrical, plumbing, water, propane w/ quick-connects, all new appliances
● Modern insulation: foamboard + radiant barrier; 70% better than traditional fiberglass by our measurements
● Inboard integrated 14K BTU heat pump—no appliance on the roof! Can be run off the onboard inverter
● 400 amp-hr lithium battery with 3000-watt inverter—bring any appliance!
● Luxury appliances include onboard water purification, Indel Webasto 12V drawer fridge, on-demand tankless water heater, full gas range, Dickinson Marine propane fireplace, media center, outdoor shower
● Safety: rear-view camera, remote tire-pressure monitoring, Load range E tires, electric trailer brakes w/breakaway, CO/LPG/smoke alarms, AFI/GFI coverage and a modern electrical center, bulldog coupler w/ Curt Tru-trak weight distribution/anti-sway hitch
● Accessories: full vintage awning kit, portable gas fire pit, full-sized spare, remote weather station, polished aluminum propane tanks with remote level indicators, movie projector, suitcase solar panel
Many more photos and detailed information here:
www.silverlinerrestorations.com/projects/1951-silver-streak-clipper-paris/This wonderful trailer is located in Fort Worth, TX, has a clear title and is ready to roll. She is available for showing by appointment. All offers will be considered. We can teach you anything you need to know to appreciate this trailer. Send us your questions.
More info: Listing has ended. Click to search on eBay for similar Silver Streak Clipper (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: ercar5582
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States