1955 Willy’s Pickup Jeep California Vehicle type: pickup
I am listing my 55 for sale. It was originally purchased in Bakersfield CA by first owner- I am 3rd owner. To my knowledge the truck has never been outside of California. I did an on body restoration over a 3 year period , continuing where the prior owner left off. Every nut, bolt, wire, washer, etc replaced or restored. Here’s a brief list of what was done
– engine and tranny rebuilt by prior owner (original 6 cylinder engine).
– chrome interior parts and bumper all re-chromed
– new speedo, gauges, wire harness throughout vehicle
– I replaced all 4 tires plus spare, there’s about 3-5k miles on the truck since I owned it
– custom fabricated sun visor
– swamp cooler (very rare)
– new custom headliners,with insulation underneath
– am tube radio
– bench seats restored
– optional overdrive
– warn front lockers
– very rare windshield fluid washer
– 12 volt conversion with alternator. I have generator
– steering rebuilt, vacuum windshield motor rebuilt
– rear window tinted
– Willy’s optional rear bumper – extremely rare
– new leaf springs
– new brake lines/master cylinder
– new old stock Willy’s seatbelts installed
– New gas tank and gas lines.
– always garaged
– spare parts include complete 4 wheel cylinders with brakes, gauges, speedo, tranny’s (rebuilt) , transfer case ( 2, 1 rebuilt) engine head, complete bearing and seal set for front end, multiple electrical and misc parts. Complete manual, shop manual, brochures.
What’s wrong, some of the gauges don’t work consistently, but that’s not uncommon. It’s going to need a brake job eventually, but all spares are there (bolt new unit on and bolt old one off), the body/paint are very good but not perfect, the engine and drive train have some slight leaks (which are very common with Jeep/Willy’s).
I can tell you that living in the area for 30 years, I have never seen one this good and complete. Its not modified and as original as you will ever find.
Watsonville, California, United States