225 Coupe Original Paint/interior 401ci V8 2 Owner Car Survivor. The Buick Electra is a full-size luxury car that was built by Buick from 1959 to 1990. Harlow H. Curtice, former president of the Buick division and later president of General Motors, named the car after his sister-in-law, Electra Waggoner Biggs.
This “Deuce and a Quarter” features the last of the long straight slab-sided bodies, with long straight, chrome die cast moldings to accentuate the car’s length. Only 9,045 2 doors were built, there are very few survivors, and even fewer in mostly original unrestored condition. A 2-owner car with consigner stated original mileage of 78,786.
Teal Tel Mist Poly is the original paint you see covering those large straight slabs with near factory gapping. A Cream hardtop an original actual 2 door hardtop covers the sea of teal below. Straight and in excellent condition straight chromed die cast grille in front with tri shield logo, and accent in back, span the width of the car. Original head and tail lights, still clear, no fading is seen. Standard hub caps covered by slightly wide white sidewall tires which consigner states have only 3,000 miles on them.
Clear non yellowed plastic covering has protected the brocaded grey cloth and vinyl bolster since the car rolled out of the showroom. So, the cloth seats have never been actually sat on! Door panels use this brocade motif as well, and a bottom strip of matching carpeting covers the bottom quarter of the panels. A fairly minimal option car, on the dash is seen only the AM radio, as well as tri shield floor mats. The remainder was standard fare for 1964 which includes power steering, power brakes, and a clock. Keep things simple all the way. Carpeting below the floor mats appears in good condition.
Location: Morgantown, Pennsylvania, United States