1970 Chevy El Camino SS Resto Mod Ram Jet 502 Show Car
1970 Chevrolet El Camino SS Resto-Mod Show Car
This project started as a Rust-Free / Accident-Free California 1970 SS 396 El Camino w/ Original Floor Pans & Razor-Straight Body, that underwent a complete Pro-Build from the ground up, with no expense spared.
Power is supplied by the formidable GM Ram Jet 502, which GM asserts “blends the legendary torque and performance of the Big-Block, with a modern port fuel injection system and high-rise intake manifold. Combining an aluminum-headed 502 with a modern fuel-injected intake results in 502 horsepower and 565 lb.-ft. of torque. With the Ram Jet intake, you also have over 500 lb.-ft. of torque available from 2200 rpm on up, with amazing throttle response that you have to experience to believe.”
The Ram Jet 502 is backed by a Bowtie Overdrives 700R4 Automatic Transmission rated to 600 HP, with B&M Floor Shifter, a 12 Bolt Positive Track Rear w/ Hotchkis Rear Suspension, and Upper & Lower Tubular Control Arms. An Air Ride Technologies Digital Air Suspension System completes an amazingly comfortable ride for such a high-performance muscle car.
(Specification Sheets for the GM Ramjet 502, Bowtie Overdrives 700 R4 Transmission, & Air Ride Suspension System, are available on request for serious buyers)
Build details include:
· GM Ram Jet 502 EFI Big Block w/ Chevrolet 502 Bow Tie Heads
· Ceramic coated long tube Hooker Headers w/3.5″ full dual exhaust system with Flowmasters and electronically controlled stainless steel electric exhaust cut-outs by Doug’s Headers
· Bowtie Overdrives 700R4 Transmission – Full 4L65E (2005-6 Trans) Drive Train Retro Fitted into a 700R4, Requiring No Computer; B&M Floor Shifter (Again, full Specs upon request)
· 12 Bolt Positive Traction 3:31 Rear End
Suspension & Wheel Package
· Power Steering w/ Front wheel disc brakes
· Hotchkis rear suspension with adjustable rear link kit and center section brace
· Front and Rear Sway Bars.
· Upper & Lower Global West tubular control arms
· Fully adjustable Air Ride Technologies digital air suspension system w/ cab-mounted electronic controls. Front and rear height controlled from within the car.
· 17″ American Racing Wheels; 17X7 Front, 17X8 Rear wrapped with 215/45/R17 Front and 225/45/R17 radials in rear.
· Dual Stage Metallic Silver Paint w/ Black Hood & Side Accent Stripes
· Cowl Induction Hood w/ Hood Pins
· Color-Matched Silver Metallic Power aluminum tonneau Cover w/Cab-Mounted Electronic Controls to raise and lower.
· Color-Matched Rubberized Bed Liner w/ Bed-Mounted Air Pod Suspension / Chrome Air Horns / 15 Gallon Fuel Cell
· Color-Matched Silver Metallic Sport Mirrors and Cab & Bed Stainless trim
· Shaved Door Handles with 2 Remote Key Fobs
· Frenched Tail Lights
· Full Custom Color-Matched Black & Silver Leather Interior w/ Cloth Inserts
· New Dash cover, Door Panels, Carpet & Headliner
· Restored Gauge Panel
· Hurst Floor Shifter
· Factory Air Conditioning
· Push Button Start Ignition
· P/S, P/W, P/B, A/C (needs a recharge)
· Cab-Operated Electronic Controls for Tonneau Cover, Air Ride Suspension, and exhaust cut-outs
· Tinted Windows
· Under dash aftermarket gauges for water temp, oil pressure, and voltage
· Under hood engine lighting for shows, etc.
The Exterior is Excellent in Show Quality, Painted Silver with Black Stripes. All exterior Chrome, Stainless, Badges and Emblems are in excellent condition. 96470 miles (not 100% sure that’s accurate so will have to list as total miles unknown)
The Interior has been redone with class. The original bench seat design was retained and updated and coordinated with the exterior colors of charcoal cloth and silver-gray vinyl matching the door panels. Stock SS steering wheel. Carpets and headliner are black in excellent condition. All lights, signals, wipers and horn are in working order.
Inside the bed you will find the Air Ride Control System, Fuel Cell and Air Horns. The Engine Compartment is in exceptional condition and all components, wires, hoses, belts etc. are in excellent condition.
Undercarriage is very clean.
This is a Definite Show Piece, a Strong Performer and Built right. It’s a beast to drive. Very tight shifts and gobs of power. It needs to be run; I haven’t had much time to enjoy lately.
Full disclosures because no car is perfect; Here is all I can think of that will need to be addressed at some point;
· There is an electrical drain, I added a quick disconnect on the battery for when the car is sitting. I do not know the source of the drain – never looked into it.
· Very minor drip from the rear end – I’ve noticed a few drips after storing it over the winter months.
· The B&M floor shifter lever for whatever reason does not move into the lower gears. Car shifts fine, but the gear lever will not move beyond the drive position. All other positions are fine (Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive all ok) The lever just doesn’t want to go into 1 or 2.
· Air ride suspension will slowly drop in the rear over long durations of time – such as when in storage.
· A/C will need a recharge. Was fine last year but now needs a recharge.
Please remember this is an auction to buy, not to be the first one to look at it. 1K deposit is non-refundable if buyer does not proceed with purchase. I’m serious about selling so please be serious about buying. If you have zero or negative feedback please just shoot me a message so I can better understand your intentions. I am more than happy to answer any questions, however I do work full-time and may not be able to respond until later in the day.
No warranties, buyer responsible for shipping. Cash or wire payment. Car cannot leave until funds have settled. Thank you.
More info: Listing has ended. Click to search on eBay for similar 1970 Chevrolet El Camino (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: stdu_85
Location: Oakham, Massachusetts, United States