1988 Camaro Z28 with IMSA GTO and Trans Am race history.
1988 IMSA Camaro Z28 Historic IMSA GTO/Trans Am race car.
· This Historic race car has raced in several Monterey Motorsports Reunions in the 1982-1991 IMSA GTP, GTO / Trans-Am group.
· Jerry Kuhn built and raced this IMSA Camaro in 15 Trans Am and IMSA GTO races in 1988 and 1989.
In 1986 Jerry’s friend at Chevrolet set up a tour of Protofab Engineering.
That experience inspired Jerry to spend all of 1987 building this IMSA Camaro.
Jerry’s competitors jokingly referred to it as the Protofib.
During the 2012 complete restoration Jerry Kuhn provided extensive Historical documentation, photos and 30 pages of chassis blueprints,
Jerry helped restore the IMSA Camaro to point in time at it was raced at the Long Beach 1989 Trans Am race.
· 2014 to current thoroughly serviced by Davis Stone Racing.
· · Accepted to the Monterey Motorsports Reunion 2013/14/17/18.
In From our in car videos you can see this IMSA Camaro is very reliable.
ItdThis IMSA Camaro raced every lap of the 2018 Pre Reunion and every lap of the 2018 Reunion.
I SSearch you tube mrpassmenow for videos.
· Winner Sonoma 2014 Group 7.
· Winner Coronado 2016 Group 10.
“Mike Gagen’s sleek ’88 Camaro was fastest”.
Vintage Motorsport Magazine 3/2017.
Accepted to the HMSA Thermal invitational 11/15/18
Location: La Mesa, California, United States
See listing: 1988 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 with IMSA GTO (from September 22, 2018)