1971 Dodge Challenger – Time Capsule. Car was parked in a clean dry garage since the 1980’s, just recently put back on the road. Very rare find. BEAUTIFUL ORIGINAL butterscotch paint. 318 V8 runs great. 77k original miles – extremely well documented. Original owner even left his beach towel in the trunk along with glove box and console contents from the 70’s & 80’s. Runs and drives VERY well. Even the AM radio works…talk about nostalgia! It is absolutely amazing to drive this beautiful car around. New tires, wheels and brakes plus full maintenance service with correct parts and fluids. The pictures speak for themselves. Original rust free dry storage California car. Car has been in the Glendale California area for close to FIFTY YEARS. The paint and all panels are original and unrestored. A few dings, scratches and small dents from having items stored on the hood and roof. No serious damage, and would be a good candidate for paintless ding removal. Very difficult to find a car in this amazing original condition. ****Car is also for sale locally, I reserve the right to end the auction early. Extra parts included: original radiator and new muffler to replace original which is still on the car.
On Aug-30-22 at 13:48:16 PDT, seller added the following information:
Update: There appears to be a very high level of interest in my unrestored Challenger. I have many more pictures to share if you need to see anything specific and are a serious, funded buyer please message me through eBay.
I also have…
1. Service extremely detailed service records 1972-1984 including a meticulously kept fuel use vs mileage log.
2. Records indicate the vehicle was parked in the garage after filling the gas tank 7/25/1984 @ 75021 miles
3. Vehicle was carefully removed from the garage 37 years later in 2021 mileage @ 75070 when the car went on the flatbed this is photo documented.
4. All glovebox and console contents, owners manual LA area maps, UCLA parking permit from 1979, City of Los Angeles Dept. of Public Works parking permit from 1980 (owners place of work)
5. Original fuel filler cap finished in the original butterscotch paint – RT flip cap was likely dealer installed
6. 70’s beach towel in trunk
7. I was asked about the axle type – has the 8 3/4 axle
More info: Listing has ended. Click to search on eBay for similar 1971 Dodge Challenger (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: roadrunner5859
Location: Laguna Niguel, California, United States